Teeth can be lost for many reasons including gum disease, tooth decay and general accidents. However, here at Treetops and Norwich Dental Implant Centre we believe there is no reason why you should live without your teeth or with a compromised smile. Implants can provide a safe way of replacing any number of teeth without having to damage adjacent healthy teeth. Implants are not new, they have been used for more than 40 years and today’s scientifically engineered implants have success rates of over 96%.
So what is a Dental Implant?
It is a small Titanium screw, which is inserted into the jawbone during a short operation under local anaesthetic. It subsequently fixates within the jaw bone through a process called osteointegration, forming a secure foundation that is stronger than that of a natural healthy tooth root. A crown, bridge or dentures are then placed on top of the implant to produce healthy natural looking teeth.
What are the advantages?
• Implants look, feel and function like natural teeth.
• They are a stable foundation for crowns, bridges and dentures.
• Healthy teeth do not need to be cut down.
• They will help prevent bone loss, maintaining facial features.
• Implant dentures, unlike traditional dentures have no palate, having a positive effect on speech and taste.
• Dental implants are a permanent replacement